Friday, June 6, 2014

Aurora Skate Park Review



Aurora Skate Park

First off, I should mention that myself and vert skating work together about as well as an epileptic drawing on an etch-a-sketch during a rave.  Essentially, it is a failure pile that the Jersey Shore cast would shape up to an average Friday night.  A healthy portion of disappointment; but a common ground is shared between us because neither of us had to visit the clinic due to our evening performances.
I've been skateboarding for years and yet still have never thirsted for the urge to incessantly “shred the gnar” in a half pipe or bowl. With this in mind, if you like to ride bowls, make some huge transfers, this is probably the park for you.
Overall… considering the space this parks designers had to work with, it’s a great piece of concrete for the budget.
During my initial visit I stayed where I belonged, riding the manual pads, rails, and ledges.  Accompanied by a plethora of children riding Razor Scooters and a fleet of mothers asking “Which kid is yours?”  I rode the wave of awkwardness because I’m approaching that age where every parent at the skate park thinks I’m one of them.  No, not yet, I’m still focused on being selfish.   
As a non-sixteen year old is tough in the world of skateboarding.  Much like snowboarding it is a sport that treats aging individuals as the worst customer imaginable.  With either of the above listed sports, a corporation such as something that rhymes with “Hurton” expects to get 10 years worth of duckets from you. 
I don’t really care for that business model and I encourage it to suck the salt malt from the meat straw.  Skate, surf, snowboard, do what you love and keep it goblet for as long as it still puts a smile on your face. 
Skateboarding is not a sport that one that idolizes its elders.  Enjoy the fun your body can tolerate and appreciate this park for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment