Tuesday, December 3, 2013

McDonough Thomas P MD Parker, CO and Aurora, CO

Contact Info:
1550 S Potomac Street
Aurora, CO 80012
(303) 750-1022

Since my childhood, I have been blessed with the opportunity of visiting a lot of ER's and surgeons. Don't misunderstand, I wasn't born with a hair lip or some rare form of bone cancer, I just have a zest for life. Between skateboarding, snowboarding, tree limbs with dead-rot, a lack of ability to do cartwheels, PBR (Pabst, not riding bulls), advanced Ninja training camp, lawn darts (yeah I'm talking about the good ones with heavy metal tips that were banned years ago) chasing dogs, getting bit by dogs, and poorly designed tree swings, I've got the chance to meet a few surgeons.
Dr. Thomas McDonough is an Orthopedic Surgeon who came very highly recommended. Oddly enough, I found out about Dr. McDonough when I was having surgery on my left ankle from a separate incident. The nurse (Ann Semple) who strangely happens to be the mother of a close friend of mine (Rob Semple) whom I met when I was living in Bozeman, MT.
Back to the meat of this story, I had torn a quadratendon in my left knee and believe it or not, it was hurting like a bastard.
Recalling the conversation I had with Ann Semple (who I should note is an excellent nurse located at the Centennial Medical Plaza) she had recommended Dr McDonough to me for any future problems I might cause to my person. Getting surgeon recommendations from a nurse, is about the best source this world has to offer. If Dr. McDonough was good enough in her eyes to perform surgery on her son, I was sure he would be a good pick to cut open my knee and fix things up.
He performed my knee surgery last September and I was able to be back on the mountain snowboarding by Thanksgiving. Not only did he repair my torn tendon, but he also found a calcium growth in my knee socket that hadn't shown up in any of the prior scans. After cutting that out, he stitched me up and I was able to get out of the hospital about 3 hours later.
Dr. McDonough works out of two locations, he has one office in Aurora off Potomac and Mississippi, and a second office at the Parker Medical Center.
This surgeon is kind of on the old school side of things so don't be offended if he doesn't come off as warm and fuzzy. But really, when your looking to have surgery that might help or hinder your abilities; do you want a surgeon who is extremely talented, or do you want someone to charm your socks off as if he or she was trying to sell you a car?
Thanks again Dr. McDonough, I appreciate the excellent work you did.

Category: Orthopedists, Doctors, Surgeons, Oh shit I broke my knee!


No comments:

Post a Comment