Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Breakfast King Review Denver, CO

Contact Info:
300 W Mississippi Ave
Denver, CO 80223
(303) 733-0795

Ah Breakfast King, I feel so guilty that I have misjudged you over the past couple years.  I've driven past you literally hundreds of times and mocked you, usually with thoughts like "You are not worthy of such a bold title, har! Breakfast King."   The Breakfast King title should be reserved for restaurants that offer meals like a bowl of Lucky Charms with two scoops of ice cream in the center, ice cold milk, a handful of chocolate chips sprinkled over the top accompanied by an omelet filled with sausage, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, and smothered with tangy marinara sauce.  That's my vision of what a "Breakfast King" would and should be serving.
Recently though, I discovered that there is a great possibility that this place is indeed the Breakfast King of Denver.  For what it's worth I consider myself somewhat of a chicken fried steak expert and from my experience small Midwest cities consistently have some of the crispiest, large portion, artery clogging, sausage gravy smothered, deliciousness.  However, I think the Breakfast King has positioned itself into the top five best chicken fried steaks I have ever tasted.   Well played Breakfast King, well played.

Top Attributes of Breakfast King from my perspective:

1. Open 24 hours a day
2. Incredibly crispy and delicious chicken fried steak
3. Very friendly staff
4. Fast service
5. Several different hot sauces available

Categories:  Diners, Breakfast, Drunk Food, Last Call

No comments:

Post a Comment