Saturday, November 28, 2015

Barolo Grill

 Barolo Grill
3030 E 6th Ave
Denver, CO 80206

Denverit's, I'm not feeling this place, much like a chronic masturbator who recently mistook their lotion supply for  a bottle of Novocain, very little pleasure has been experienced here.  I should first cover a few topics to clarify my reasoning behind the low rating of this establishment.  I have eaten at Barolo Grill twice and most recently I was here on November 4th, 2009.  My first visit was slightly disappointing and much like an abused housewife who is a slow learner I made the mistake of giving this place a second chance.  
I recognize that for many food enthusiasts it has been ingrained in our heads that that the more money you spend at a restaurant equals a more erotic experience for ones taste buds.  For the most part there is a lot of truth to this equation.  However, I would strongly hope that there are better Italian restaurants than this one in Colorado.
Like all fine dining restaurants their wine list is incredibly overpriced, so my complaints do not stem from sticker shock. My discrepancies about this place are simple, weak flavor for the price, poor ambience, and an over usage of salt.  Mind you I love salt, far more than a seemingly healthy individual should.  Thanks to my addiction to salt I have been shot three times for enjoying a salt lick placed in the wilderness by an untalented hunter.  "Note to self, wear more Orange when Elk/mushroom hunting.
I have ordered from the A La Carte menu and tried their "five course chefs tasting menu" and have been disappointed with both.  
My advice Yelper's, try some other Italian restaurants in Colorado and see if you can find a place that appeases your taste buds.  It sounds awful but I have had much better Italian food in Utah, ridiculous sounding but true.  For a state/city (Denver, CO) that was heavily inhabited by Germans and Italians during the 1800's, I strongly believe that there has got to be some better Italian food out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment