Saturday, November 28, 2015

Pho 99

Pho 99
1080 S Havana St
Aurora, CO 80012 

3/25/2009
Well rhinestones, horseshoes, and stars, the chefs at this place deserve free drinks at the bar.
Everything I had here was really fresh, the vegetables, noodles, and dare I say, meat.
I love soup, I love making it, the smell of it simmering, and most importantly eating it. While yes, like a lot of tasty food their soup is packed full of MSG. Frankly though, MSG makes just about everything taste better.
I first found out about the magical type of soup called "Pho" when I was sixteen and borderline needing to wear a helmet partied out in Portland. I'll be damned if it  wasn't excellent then and it's still the only food I've found that lives up to the statement "it contains the whole kitchen sink."
It's great soup because it allows you ability to customize your food, without having to order it from someone wearing a visor. You can get some pretty unique things put in your soup here from tendons, fresh basil, jalapenos, a shit ton of MSG, fat slices, and monkey paws. Alright, so you can't get monkey paws, but you can get just about anything else in your soup. Point is, you can keep your food as tame or as exciting as you want.
If  you had only $5 and a choice between a God awful generic Sub, with ultra bland water infused cold cuts, or a bowl of Pho with a lot of fresh vegetables and noodles, what would you pick? Well while you ponder that, I'm gonna pick the one that wasn't hand molested by a disgruntled and underpaid Subway employee.
Go ahead and be all high and mighty and look down on those of us who enjoy the hell out of MSG. However, the next time you eat a bag of Doritos why don't you take a look at that ingredient list on the back, while your licking the chip dust off your fingers.
Finally, for those of you who give little restaurants like this a bad review because "Like one time, I went there and they didn't have the same item I order every time, so I will never eat there again!" I order you, to nut up! Try living outside your normal routine, especially if you have contributed to cleaning a restaurant out of a popular item. How's about ordering something different, and don't be a pillow biter by slamming a restaurant for one unfortunate incident.

Thanks for the tasty soup tonight Pho 79, "May all your battles be fought with Tiger like reflexes."

By the way, I love Doritos, support our economy and eat a bag yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment