Saturday, November 28, 2015

German Car Shoppe

German Car Shoppe
5115 S Santa Fe Dr
Littleton, CO 80120 

A couple months back I made the poor decision to mix Scotch, with a minor engine rebuild.  It is common knowledge, that for best results, you drink beer when getting covered in dirt and oil, while playing the role of a qualified garage monkey.  Unfortunately, as the bottle of Macallan reached its halfway mark, my level of German Automotive repair hit a glass ceiling.
After spending two hours on "the internet machine" searching for tips, or guides which could help me solve the current puzzle before me, I found nothing.  Feeling defeated, I called numerous mechanics, seeking counsel or advice; but I was rewarded with nothing helpful.   By luck of the draw, the last phone call I made was to The German Car Shoppe.  If memory serves me correctly, Rob answered the phone and patiently listened to my dilemma.  Instead of responding to my issue with the fear inspiring rhetoric such as "hmm, doesn't sound good, we can get it towed down here and see if it can be fixed." or "it sounds like you probably need a new engine" Rob took an unexpected approach.  He laughed at my situation, stating that "if you got fifteen minutes, I can tell you how to fix this."  From memory, he walked me through a step which had stumped me for several hours.  As promised, in just under fifteen minutes Rob got me through this Rubik's Cube of a mechanical mystery.
The German Car Shoppe has earned themselves a lifelong fan.  If I ever find myself in a situation where my car is in need of professional help, it will be taken here.

No comments:

Post a Comment